Colington Harbour. Is it too late? If not too late any recommendations for installers?Thanks!
I’ve put down sprigs of beach grass in the Fall, but not sod. Is your sod coming from a local mainland farm?
I’ve put down sprigs of beach grass in the Fall, but not sod. Is your sod coming from a local mainland farm? I assume the sod would come from an Eastern NC sod farm. I'll be sure to ask. We had a new bulkhead installed during the summer. Now our backyard is 75% sand i.e. no grass. The other 25% is grass & weeds that was undisturbed during construction. I tried planting Bermuda grass from seed with zero germination. About a month ago I seeded with a tall fescue and it germinated somewhat. I think growing grass from seed is a losing battle with the 2 dogs racing around the yard.
NCState dad I'm surprised you don't know about this site TurfFiles | NC State Extension Lot of good information here on what is best for NC. The link didn't show up. Sorry about that. Just do a search on what is above.As far as your Bermuda seed comment, you have to make sure to purchase scarified seed to insure germination. That seed has a hard cover and doesn't absorb water very well-so no germination. Or you could pre-germinate it by pouring the seed into a bucket of water for a day or so. Zoysia seed is the same.
We got our sod from Macon Turf Click to follow link... and am planning to get more in a few weeks... I would think it would do quite well now that the intense heat is gone. We went with centipede, prepared and "laid down" the turf ourselves in our backyard... Now it's time to attack the front "field".